brake pads by Volar VMFA69/2

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
newomij
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

brake pads by Volar VMFA69/2

Postby newomij » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Just received my brake pads from D2MOTO for my '82 Aspencade. The package included 3 sets of pads. Two sets are VMFA69/2 and one set is VMFA69. Anyone know if there is a difference? They look identical and, of course, no info in the packaging. Their website just says the 3 sets are for front and rear. But, why the different item numbers?

ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Re: brake pads by Volar VMFA69/2

Postby ankgrays » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:32 pm

/2 for the front

/1 for the rear??

I bought a front set from them, but waiting on warmer wx to install.

I think I got a long wait. :x
I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

newomij
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby newomij » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:44 pm

"I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days."

I know, right? It didn't take long to figure out once I had the wrong pads on the back wheel and started on the front. Once again, feeling pretty stupid for acting before thinking. Oh, well! Gottem' on and ready for the final phase before I can test them out. Just waiting for that MityVac brake bleeder to show up Monday.

And, by the way, I know you didn't add that tag line at the end of your post just for me. But, when it fits, it fits!!!

Thanks for your help!

ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Postby ankgrays » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:59 am

Nope...sig line not for you...or anybody else here on this site.

It's just something I see every day in my AO.

ALWAYS has amazed me how some people try to out-do each other in that way. :shock:

I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”