Gettin her back

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
urbanmadness
Motorcycle: 1982 Gl1100A Aspencade *sold
1989 GL1500 Aspencade

Gettin her back

Postby urbanmadness » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:32 am

Well, I'm getting my old 1100 back. The guy that bought it from me, overheated it, and blew the head gasket on the right bank. (it's always the right hand bank with that bike)... Well he still owed me money on it, so he said, give me 200 bucks and it's yours.

He wasn't a good Shepard of the bike tho. He lost a saddle box lid, scuffed up a lot of paint, and just hasn't been nice to it.

I will be buying a bunch of new parts for it, and start the long journey of rebuilding this bike again. It's got good suspension, and new tires/timming belts. I does need a new master cylinder for the rear and of course a new head gasket. I will probably do the shift seal at the same time.

Then I can start on the other stuff that broke, and he didn't fix. I had installed a bluetooth deck in the bike, and that's trashed. He used the right hand glove box as an ash tray.... Oh well, I guess no one appreciates the bike as much as the one who builds it.

blackomen
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100 Interstate

Re: Gettin her back

Postby blackomen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:56 am

That's a real bummer he treated your girl so poorly and didn't even bother to pay it off. But you must really enjoy getting the old gl's back on the road.

I've kinda wondered what ever became of the first gl1100 I put back on the road. The guy didn't seem too mechanically inclined. I dread to think it went to scrap. At least it came back to you.
Lucy Lou
1983 Gl1100I

urbanmadness
Motorcycle: 1982 Gl1100A Aspencade *sold
1989 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Gettin her back

Postby urbanmadness » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:22 pm

I was trying to do him a favor... He's like the son I never wanted... LOL

The kid is just hard on stuff. Well, it's back in good hands now and I will be able to get the pictures on the bike, I never took.

I'm gonna have to repaint alot of the bike, but I'm thinking I might change it up a little.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”