Oh the warm weather....

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
VentedGibbon
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100
1985 CB650SC

Oh the warm weather....

Postby VentedGibbon » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:50 pm

It's 60 and sunny today and it's giving me that itch. No, not the one that takes the special cream, the knees in the breeze itch! I got my 82 1100 Goldwing last year after it had been sitting about 5 years. After new brake lines, totally rebuilt brake calipers and cylinders, tune up, fluid change, new cables, filters, tires, fork seals, various parts for the carburetor, a vintage 1982 WV motorcycle license plate, and some very handy Dyna-Beads, I put 300 miles on her last summer. Now, the plan is to change the timing belts and tension pulleys, then fine tune the carbs and valve clearances. She runs smooth, but could be smoother. Is it smoother or more smooth? At any rate, I'm really looking forward to putting a lot more miles on her this summer than last. I wanted to stay local and work any major kinks out, like discovering a puddle of antifreeze on top of the valve case on the right side! A bit more money and a lot more wrench time and she'll be ready for a nice long cruise. I like riding in the cold weather but she's very fickle about cold weather starts and most days its all I can do to get out of bed on time for work. Hopefully a fine tune can fix that. Ride safe out there boys and girls.

Do or do not, there is no try.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”