Picture needed of choke shaft assembly on carb #3 on an '83 GL1100I

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
urbnbrzln
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate

Picture needed of choke shaft assembly on carb #3 on an '83 GL1100I

Postby urbnbrzln » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:33 pm

I have recently completely taken apart the carburetors on my bike, including the removal of the butterfly valve and the choke valve assemblies, however I am realizing that I am unsure of how to reconnect the small spring inside the black casing for the choke valve assembly, located outside carburetor #3 positioned toward the back of the bike. I took pictures while disassembling, however I failed to take any pictures of that part with that black cap off... (stupid, stupid, stupid) After an hour of scouring the web for a picture of the assembly, I'm coming up empty handed.

If anyone with these carburetors is in the process of removing them would care to post a picture of the end of the choke shaft with the spring inside the black casing I would greatly appreciate it.

Below is a link to a picture of what I'm talking about:

And the link below is the spring assembled on carb #4, however I think its reversed:

Again this is for carb #3 on an '82 GL1100I.

Thanks!

urbnbrzln
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate

Re: Picture needed of choke shaft assembly on carb #3 on an '83 GL1100I

Postby urbnbrzln » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:55 am

I figured out the assy, didn't realize I needed to coil the spring around the shaft one full revolution before seating it. Now that I know how to reassemble it I'll get some pictures of how its done, just waiting to get some viton washers or o-rings to replace the disintegrated felt washers preventing dust and grime from entering into the carbs.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”