CBR coils for an 83 goldwing

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
serensct
Motorcycle: 1983 gl1100 interstate

CBR coils for an 83 goldwing

Postby serensct » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:59 pm

I seen the thread already posted, I have a question concerning the wiring. I will post a pic of how the how to article says it's done...

I went to the local motorcycle junkyard they have in Columbus Ohio. Got my mp08 coils followed the instruction, mounted up all went very well easy job. But while at the junkyard I looked at 4 or 5 cbr's there. In the how to article the yellow wire does the 1 and 3 coil. The blue wire does the 2 and 4 coil. On every CBR I looked at the wires actually yellow and the blue wires actually go to the green spade on the coil. And the black to the black spade opposite of what he did in the how to article. My question is does it matter if the black wire and yellow wire are reversed on one coil. And also the blue and black on the other coil. This pick is again from the other how to article.
Attachments

ekvh
Motorcycle: 1977 gl1000

Re: CBR coils for an 83 goldwing

Postby ekvh » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:37 am

Not real sure I understand the question, but I'll opine anyways. I believe wires may be different on the CBR because it's an inline with a different firing order. Like 750's are 1-4-2-3----I think. So one coil fires 1-4 and the other fires 2-3. Depends on a few things, but most nowadays are fired from the crank, while some Wings are crank, some cams.

Coils should work, if they're the proper resistance, just ensure that one coil fires the 1-2 cylinders and the other fires the 3-4 cylinders.

No Holiday Inn last night.

serensct
Motorcycle: 1983 gl1100 interstate

Re: CBR coils for an 83 goldwing

Postby serensct » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 am

Eyea you clearly didnt understand. Firing order is not the same. Plug wires aren't the question. I'm talking about the other wires. Like in the picture. Didn't you notice there not the plug wires?

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”