Thanks for 12v > 7v converter

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
rdmstr
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100

Thanks for 12v > 7v converter

Post by rdmstr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm

A sincere thanks to the forum manager(s) for providing the 12 volt to 7 volt converter to get my fuel and temp gauges back on line. Bought a very nice 1981 GL1100 from a local dealer and discovered just before driving off the lot, that the gauges were inop. Shop said they could not get parts. A tip from another local Wing owner steered me to this forum. Bought the power converter, a pain in the can getting at it, but a very short time unplugging the old and plugging in the new, and then closing it back up. Before the replacement, knew the fan worked and with the "old school" fuel tap I wasn't going to flame out, but still was very happy to return the gauges to a working condition. The bike is so nice want to keep it complete. Again thank you.

:D

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Thanks for 12v > 7v converter

Post by WingAdmin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:58 pm

rdmstr wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm
A sincere thanks to the forum manager(s) for providing the 12 volt to 7 volt converter to get my fuel and temp gauges back on line. Bought a very nice 1981 GL1100 from a local dealer and discovered just before driving off the lot, that the gauges were inop. Shop said they could not get parts. A tip from another local Wing owner steered me to this forum. Bought the power converter, a pain in the can getting at it, but a very short time unplugging the old and plugging in the new, and then closing it back up. Before the replacement, knew the fan worked and with the "old school" fuel tap I wasn't going to flame out, but still was very happy to return the gauges to a working condition. The bike is so nice want to keep it complete. Again thank you.

:D
Glad to hear that you're back up and running. I actually made one of these just for myself originally, because mine had failed. That was quite a few years ago, and since then, over 2,000 Goldwings now have operational gauges because of my 7 volt regulators. :)