Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:00 pm
- Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
- Motorcycle: 1983 GK1100 Interstate
Looking to rebuilt my carb on a 1983 Goldwing Interstate. Engine won't idle. Previous owner did not look like he was doing any maintenance. Engine seems to run very rich. Lots of exhaust smoke and smell of gas. Any help would be appreciated, as I am anew rider.
- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 am
- Location: SCOTTSDALE, AZ
- Motorcycle: 98 SE GL 1500
had every year from 75 to 83
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:49 am
- Location: Rusagonis, N.B.
- Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100 Interstate
A lot of people seem to recommend www.randakks.com. I just bought the kit and book combo. The book is written specifically for the kit. No jets included as OEM are the only ones to use. I have not started yet, but I've read the book and it's very well documented. They point you to tips also. I sound like I'm selling for him. Nope... just saw him recommended highly and very impressed with what I read on his site and what came in the package.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests