Fairing Wiring Chart

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
dnvldw14874
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Fairing Wiring Chart

Postby dnvldw14874 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

My bike was in pieces when I bought it. I need a wiring chart of the farel. The previous owner sold all of the wiring and the radio. I bought what was called "Front Wiring Harness" on Ebay, and I am sure it is not what I need. I need to be able to see the wires and the routes they are installed in. Then I can start buying radio components. Yaay! I have seen why he sold them already. They are not cheap.

MJSantos
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I
1983 GL1100 Custom
2002 Shadow
1983 Honda Magna V45

Re: Fairing Wiring Chart

Postby MJSantos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:46 pm

If you download the schematics under the manual heading you have what it takes. The fairing (Hondaline) is plugged in with a large plug on the left side. The color code follows thru. What is in the harness are the running lights & blinker lights. The other end of this extension has color coded plugs that mate to the ones on the bike main harness. The headlight plug from the main harness sneaks in the fairing and goes to the "Bucket" affair in the fairing. The plugs from the main harness are stored in the 5lb weight that bolts to the forks between the trees. The radios were add ons and had their own wiring. I believe the install instructions are also above depending on the model of radio. There might be a couple of extra wires for additional options in the bundle. Can't think of anything else right now but that's the majority of the wiring.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”