Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:25 am
- Location: Baroda, MI
- Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100 Interstate
Is it possible to re-chrome the parts on my bike, especailly the valve covers, the covers appear to be cast alluminum, and the chrome is chipping away, if not, I guess I will strip them down and anodize them.
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:07 am
- Location: Millbrook ROLL TIDE Al.
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100I
There is a excellent article here on HOW TO POLISH these parts,you can make these parts look like a mirror.You dont want to use chrome on valve covers because the heat will make them blister.Follow the inst.and they will shine better than new ,then a little metal polish once a year to maintain the shine.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17050
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Johnyy Smoke, Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 3 guests