false tank

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
jeffinpittsburgh
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100
interstate

false tank

Post by jeffinpittsburgh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

where do i start...
i just seen a bunch of picture of a bike, (gl100) and it looked like the false tank opened up ??? not just the top part but the sides, like they were on a hinge or something
I know what i seen cause they had a tether on them letting them open so much

here it is... do these just "pop" open like as if i was taking off the side covers or is there a lock i haven't found or are the 1100 just not set up like that

i love you guys on here...never played the goldwing game before & i can honestly say & feel that when i pull this out of the church, when the weather breaks, i will have peace of mind... not like the 08 ulta classic that i pushed off of grammas barn loft after its last breakdown stunt last year... (totaled) plus i will have a new 28 year old goldwing too...
manty thanks in advance & blessings too!!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: false tank

Post by WingAdmin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:23 pm

jeffinpittsburgh wrote:where do i start...
i just seen a bunch of picture of a bike, (gl100) and it looked like the false tank opened up ??? not just the top part but the sides, like they were on a hinge or something
I know what i seen cause they had a tether on them letting them open so much

here it is... do these just "pop" open like as if i was taking off the side covers or is there a lock i haven't found or are the 1100 just not set up like that
That would be a GL1000. The left side of their "tanks" opened up like you describe in order to access electrical items underneath.
GL1000 with tank opened
GL1000 with tank opened