Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:32 pm
- Location: Petersburg NE
- Motorcycle: 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000A 1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
Hi, have a question, when riding into a very stiff wind, (40+mph) my bike seemed to run out of power, i couldn't hold it at 65mph in high gear. On any normal day the bike runs fine. It is a 83 aspy with 79,000 miles on it. It starts to bog down and lose rpms, I shift down and it straightens out, gains rpms back, then I shift back into high gear and it starts it again. Cleaned air filter, new plugs, synced carbs. Any other ideas, or suggestions, would switching to a K & N air filter help? Or is it just getting old and tired, like it's owner. Thanks Paul K.
- Posts: 306
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:55 pm
- Location: St Catharines Ontario Canada
- Motorcycle: 81 GL1100 (Widowmaker not in service), 83GL1100, CB350f x 6, CB400f x2, CB550f sold, CL350 (seized engine), plus enough donors to take me through retirement.
replace fuel filter before more expensive alterations.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media [Bot] and 3 guests