Help with Floorboard install

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000

Help with Floorboard install

Postby BubbaBill » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:25 pm

I was needing some help. I bought these floorboards off ebay. they were suppose to have come off a 75 Goldwing. I tried to mount them and they do not seem to line up right for me. Any help would be wonderful.
I tried to mount the one on the right side. It matched the bolts for the driver and passenger footpeg bolts , but the one in the front looks like it would have to attach to the engine gaurd. if Went closer to the frame or try to go behind the muffler it would interfere with the brake lever going down.
Also not sure how they will attach for the heel toe lever. if I would need an adpter of some kind?
If anyone has these on there bike I would love to see a pic on how they were installed or a little advise.
They are made by "Triple A"

77 GL1000 current project
07 Suzuki s40 - Traded for car when I got married
06 Honda Rebel - traded for S40

Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 Interstate

Re: Help with Floorboard install

Postby DCoxson1969 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:54 pm

I can't help with the mounting issue, but I wanted to tell you what I was told about the heel toe shifter by a guy that works on Goldwings for a livng. The heel toe shifter, in his view is a bad idea. He has had many bikes come in that have these, and the problem is people tend to rest their foot on this shifter and it wears out the parts pretty quick inside, or the kick the shifter a little too hard and end up bending the shift fork and other parts inside. He totally changed my mind about buying this type shifter, and I wanted to give you a heads up so you can research it yourself. Have a great day.
FIREFIGHTER: Busting mine to save yours!

Motorcycle: 1978 GL1000 UnDressed and Progressively Weber Carbureted

Re: Help with Floorboard install

Postby 78AzWing » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:44 am

Those are totally different from the set I have that came off of the parts bike I got from the local junk yard.
Mine mount in place of the drivers foot-peg in the rear, to the engine mount under the exhaust in the front, and one little runner that connects to the rear most header stud on the front exhaust.

I didn't put them on my daily runner, cause the shifter side interferes with the kick stand. If I do put them on, I'm leaving the heel/toe lever off and using the original shifter.

There should be a rod and connector that runs from the shifter to the shifting shaft.
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons
For thee are Krunchie and taste goode with Ketchup!

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”