Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 7663
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm
- Location: Denham Springs,La.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I
Using a test light or volt meter.Here are the test points in the pix.
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 pm
- Location: St Louis, Mo
- Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200
Just a heads up on something to check out. Take the ground wire and ground it to the frame before going to the relay. I found that my ground wire was bad and causing my wing to start. After running an extra ground the bikes startes up real good. Posted this after I did this and another person found out that he had the same problem.
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:03 pm
- Location: Salem, ME
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate
Follw this : http://www.randakks.com/TechTip54.htm Step by step and what the values should be. It's a great way to figure your starting system out
- You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests