Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:44 pm
- Location: Athabasca Alberta, Canada
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100I Interstate
a quick and simple way to c/o starter in 1982 GL 1100 , when you remove the starter the sprocket and chain drop down in the housing so you cannot line them up to reinstall the starter. by using a strong magnet on the outside of the housing you can hold the sprocket and chain in place and slide the starter back into position . It worked for me and saved removing the engine like the repair manual tells you. Happy winging everyone.
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm
- Location: Geneseo, IL
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue
Have the bike on the side stand and unbolt the started and pull the starter out, the sprocket will stay on the chain and will still be there when you put it back together.
It's not what you buy, it's what you build.
- Posts: 7724
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm
- Location: Denham Springs,La.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I
Mine did.it was slow when hot.clean and new grease in the gears helped fix it good. No parts needed