Adding an IPOD to Clarion Type I

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
moorew
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

Adding an IPOD to Clarion Type I

Postby moorew » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi all,
I have been lurking here for a few months. What a great site with an incredible amount of info. But now I need more information than I've been able to find on my own. I have an 83 Aspencade that found a new home in my shop last September. The original radio had been removed and replaced with a cheap car radio and a buggered-up plastic panel. Fortunately, the fairing wasn't damaged so I was able to install a working Clarion Type I system I found on E-Bay. Although the seller said it "worked when removed" I was pleasantly surprised to find an honest person (actually I have not had a bad experience on E-Bay) and the radio works like it should. I would like to be able to connect an IPOD so I can listen to "my music" and not have to fumble changing stations trying to find something I like. SO?!? Has anyone modified their system to play their IPOD through the radio?

Bill

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Adding an IPOD to Clarion Type I

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:45 pm

I've done it to a Type II, and published how to do it, but I've never seen anyone do it on a Type I. Not that it isn't possible - I'm sure it is - but I haven't seen it published online.

Return to “GL1100 Information & Questions”