First Post

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
george44
Motorcycle: 1984 honda Aspencade

First Post

Postby george44 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:27 am

Hello All
This is my first post to this very helpful sight. After 25 years of abstinence I decided to buy an 1984 Aspencade with 36000 miles on it.I had a 1978 GL 1000 previously. I rode it home and it ran fairly well. Being as old as it was I thought I would look up fourms and came across this site (very informative). Since then I have replaced the timing belts per this sites suggestions, removed and had the carbs cleaned and rebuilt with a randakks kit, also did the stator check it was questionable but thought I could by one more season. That was a wrong thought. This weekend the darn thing decided to die. So now time to decide weather to go with original stator or go the poorboy conversion. I have read a lot here and that there a pros and cons to both ways, any information from past experiance would be very helpful. I was kinda leaning toward the poorboy conversion but can't find an address to purchase from, so if anybody has address information that would help a lot. By staying with the original stator I would have to pull the engine and replace the stator and hope it won't go out again. Oh by the way I did hard solder the three yellow wires together as the plug had pretty much fell apart.
I know this is quite lenthy but thanks for listening

Thanks
Chris

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”