Need advise on Motorcycle Shop

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Poohman
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Apsencade
1998 GL1500 SE

Need advise on Motorcycle Shop

Postby Poohman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Ok here is my situation. I took my goldwing 1200 aspencade to what I was told a really good Bike Shop (Jim Walkers of Daytona Beach). Well I took it in on March 7th which was the wednesday before Bike week and Knowing that it was not going to be looked at until the week after bike week. Well I just finally got it back today April 27th and was told the the only problem was one of the coils were bad and before they looked at the bike they said that were going to look at the carbs. Well after weeks went by and i had no call on my wing. I went in and they said they had not looked at it and then I talked to Jim Walker himself and told him my problem and fustration with His shop. He replied that this was not acceptable to him. Well then that is when they found out the coil was bad and took 1 1/2 weeks to get 2 coils and fix the Wing. Well, I went today to pick it up and ride it home 26 mile to Home and BOY did the bike run like crap. It was worse then when I took it to them which was only running on 2 back cyclinders. by the time I got half way home it was back firing at 10, 20, 30, 40+ miles per hour, and it was smoking and smelled like burt wiring.

I called them when I got home and told them I was not happy at all and i wanted them to come fix the bike and this time for free. They said they will come and pick it up but they only test drove it only a block. Well I could only go 70 mph in 5th gear (OD) and was at full throttle. Man am i really MAD! Please need some advise.

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Need advise on Motorcycle Shop

Postby trike lady » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Did they give you the old parts back?
I'm wondering if they didn't just put a band-aid on it?
Did they really check the electrical thoroughly?
In my opinion it sounds like they did little or nothing.
Sad I don't have the money to open a 'Wing Shop' and work on Classic Wings and current Wings.
Call this shop 386-310-7884 All Out Powersports ask for Brandon Clark. The local GWRRA chapter told me about him if I had to have work done on mine.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

Poohman
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Apsencade
1998 GL1500 SE

Re: Need advise on Motorcycle Shop

Postby Poohman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:44 pm

No they did not give me back the Parts and I am going to keep this number you gave me and take my wing to them from now on. I was so mad and I am even thinking about contacting the BBB and Media about this sitsuation. But Word of Mouth and websites like this will let alot of people be informed about Jim Walkers. I will let you know when I hear back from Jim Walker on my WIng.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”