restoring color on the dash

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
nedntrish
Motorcycle: 1991 honda goldwing aspencade

restoring color on the dash

Postby nedntrish » Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 pm

My dash is all back in is fading to gray. If i use Amourall it looks good for a short while. Any ideas how to get all the black, black again? There is plastic, rubber, and vinyl.

tarrsik
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: restoring color on the dash

Postby tarrsik » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 am

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/sealcoat.aspx?gclid=CJ_tl7Xcr7ACFQoDQAodWDd0Sg
I started using this stuff a few years back to do interior color change to cars and trucks. It works great. I'm gonna use it this winter on my 86 Aspencade to get her ready for next spring.
Its rather pricey but worth every penny. Some of your local paint shops may have it. I'd suggest shopping around to get a good price. I only used this link because it showed you all the products of that line.

tarrsik
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: restoring color on the dash

Postby tarrsik » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 am

One other thing. Be sure to really clean your parts! I CAN NOT SAY THIS ENOUGH! It really makes a difference in adhesion. I would also recommend you use the prep cleaner they make. Its not a must use but I have found it to be helpful. But absolutely clean your parts with soap and water. That one step will go a long way in making sure your paint job lasts a long time.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”