Goldwing versus deer

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200 aspencade

Goldwing versus deer

Postby trukr » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:54 am

I recently hit a deer with my gl1200 and have purchased a new fairing. Was wondering how big of a job it will be to change out the fairing? Luckily thats pretty much all that needs replaced, was traveling at low speed when we collided. Just a few road rash spots on the crash bars and some bruises on me. The crash bars really do their job. Thanx in advance.

Motorcycle: ''87 GL1200 Interstate''

Re: Goldwing versus deer

Postby wrightwing » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:37 pm

NOW THAT'S A BAD DAY :( Glad your OK ! Did you EAT 'EM :lol:

Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:31 pm

You can download a service manual here:

It should give some kind of idea on how to do this and what an investment in time looks like.

Hope it helps
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD

Postby » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:27 pm

I have had mine off of my 85 Ltd. It wasn't fun! However nor was it extremely difficult. Take your time and be very careful not to lose any nuts and bolts. I have all of the Honda manuals on my bike. And I didn't use any of them to remove the front fairings , lower or upper! Common sense and patients is all that is needed. And of course some tools. The manuals will tell you that you need to remove the mirrors to remove the windshield, I have found this NOT to be true. As I have my upper fairing tore apart at this very moment trying to figure out how to make the stock radio tune up and down. I could honestly walk you through the whole process but it would take an enormous amount of time to type it all on here. If you need a little guidance during the process just shoot me a message and I will try to talk you through it. Just let me know. Take care and stay safe! Remember to always keep the rubber side down, I realize that might a tad difficult if an animal is in front of you. Glad you are ok.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”