Rear Breaks

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
pmedicjack
Motorcycle: 1984 Honda Goldwing

Rear Breaks

Postby pmedicjack » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Hello there and thanks for your sight. I have a 1984 Goldwing. When I parted it last fall it was working fine. This spring I started it and went for a ride. Low and behold I have no rear break at all. When I went to use it, it went to the end of its travel without any restance. I stoped and checked and it was full of break fluid but no restance. I turned around and went home.
I went to my local dealers parts department and after talking to them a bit they advised me that more the likely the master cylender was not working. I purchased a rebuild kit, can get just a new cylender, and installed the kit. I filled the chamber and put the cylender back on the bike and nothing has changed, no presure at all. I cracked open a line and blead the cylender and a little fluid comes out but under very low pressure.
Any advise?

inkman
Motorcycle: 2008 goldwing

Re: Rear Breaks

Postby inkman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:18 pm

just wondering does the front brake caliper work when you push the pedal down.

pmedicjack
Motorcycle: 1984 Honda Goldwing

Postby pmedicjack » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm

yes the front breaks work just fine

inkman
Motorcycle: 2008 goldwing

Postby inkman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:30 pm

the break pedal works the rear caliper and i think the right front caliper,mabey the part of the master cylinder that controls the rear is bypassing internaly in the master cylinder, never had one apart but the bore might be pitted or scored .

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”