Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 pm
- Location: Greensburg, IN
- Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
To take starter button out do I have to remove the throttle cables loose from the carbs? Or can I loosen enought to get the control apart. My head light will not work unless I push the start button to side.
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 am
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500 SE with Hannigan 2+2 sidecar
Sorry, have never had mine apart. I think someone here did a write-up on disassembly and cleaning, but not sure who or where. Have you tried cleaning. Sometimes....many times.....a liberal amount of electrical cleaner from aerosol can, while wiggling buttons, followed by some WD-40, will take care of many issues. While still on the bike.
- Posts: 7755
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm
- Location: Denham Springs,La.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I
Throttle cables can stay hook to the casting.Get a extra pair of hands,a phillips,some grease,a small flat file,sand paper,rag.It should take a hour to do.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests