Finding budget minded maintenace parts

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
InjectedWing
Motorcycle: 1985 Goldwing Limited

Finding budget minded maintenace parts

Postby InjectedWing » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:01 pm

I am wanting to know where to find best prices on OEM maintenance products, like the fuel filter for my 1985 Limited, it seems there is a huge range of pricing and I am looking for any help as my budget isnt large, I have already found many helping tidbits of info here, and Im sure there are others who would appreciate this type info, if in fact it is ok to be posted here, thanks all.

SKMURDOCK
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate

Re: Finding budget minded maintenace parts

Postby SKMURDOCK » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6742#p29689

I know you specified OEM, but this thread lists lots of aftermarket parts that will absolutely will cost less than the Honda branded parts and work as well, or perhaps better in some cases. Fuel filters, air filters, etc.

InjectedWing
Motorcycle: 1985 Goldwing Limited

Re: Finding budget minded maintenace parts

Postby InjectedWing » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 am

Thank you SKMURDOCK for your input, and I would use aftermarket parts on my wing if I didnt have to cut fuel injected lines with bajo bolts on the end to do so, I am presently looking for the most reasonable price on a fuel filter but for a fuel injected motor, it is averaging $40-$50+, hence the question. I have leafed thru tons of aftermarket media but not found this filter-mainly because it is OEM I beleive. Im pretty sure I will just have to bite the bullet and buy one, but I will wait a bit more then make the jump, thanks.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”