Problem Found on my wing

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Apsencade
1998 GL1500 SE

Problem Found on my wing

Postby Poohman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello all, it has been 9 months and now 2 bike shops later and the problem has been found. It was the Pulse Generator. Let me tell you since March I have had it at Jim Walkers of Daytona and they messed me around for 6 months and did not fix the problem after spending over $600 on it. They told me that it was one of the two coils so I had them replace both. They still did not fix it after I went and picked it up and ran worse then when I brought it in. After much frustration with them not knowing what to do, I took some advise and took it to another bike shop called All Out Powersports, In Daytona. Then they seemed to be like Jim Walkers, a mechanic quit which was the Goldwing mechanic after he had said that two out of four carbs needed to be rebuild. I told them to do all four since I did not want any more problems, which then found out that was not the problem, which more excuses from them. Then i was left High and Dry, with someone else trying to find out what the problem was. Then after they goggled asked other mechanics and went on other forums they decided to test the Pulse Generator. Wowwww! ! ! ! they said that was the problem. I have now just gotten the call that the part came in and was put on and is now running like a champ.

Now lets see I started with Jim Walker on March 5th 2012 and now it is November 3rd and I will finally get my wing back on Monday November 5th. WOW 8 months and now it is starting to get a little cool here in Florida. But I am going to ride that wing until i get frost bit. HA HA HA !

Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
1983 V65 Magna

Re: Problem Found on my wing

Postby firstwing85 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Congratulations on finally getting your wing back.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”