Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

Postby fysty-1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:10 pm

This is such an informative site. I am ashamed it has taken me so long to check it out. Now for my question. I have a 1985 gl1200I that has the lower fairing parts of the LTD (installed by PO) and I am about to give my baby a fresh coat. I have been checking out the striping for the 2 tones and it is extremely expensive. Would anyone know where I can get a set of full sized drawing of these panels so I could take them to sign maker to have the panel & stripes made out of vinyl? What I will need is 1 ea ( 1 can be used for both sides) of the fairing side, faux tank side, side cover, trunk & saddle box sides. And then the top of the faux tank, fr. fender, saddle box tops & trunk top. If someone is in the process of a winter project and has their baby apart, could you please trace these for me. If you are able, let me know & I'll post my addy so you can mail them to me. Thanks a bunch in advance Angela. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
This is "Baby Blue"
This is "Baby Blue"

Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

Motorcycle: 1984 and 1986 gl1200a Aspencade

Re: Stripes

Postby gl1200aman » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:35 pm

What color are you looking for? I do have a set of pinstriping for the gl1200. I will have to check but I think the main color is maroon/burgundy with silver accent.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”