GPS Audio Input Device Question

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
BM1LEwinger
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade

GPS Audio Input Device Question

Postby BM1LEwinger » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I have a 86 GL1200A and on a different Forum I posted a question about adding a port like what your GPS audio input device will do for your newer wings. In response to my question I was directed to here.

I have added a second mute / tuner switch for the passenger to control, I have taken an intercom input and have my cell phone conected to it, (this input is very loud, when I turn down the mic volume I can't hear my wife talk to me on the intercom)

I am trying to move the audio input off of the mic so I can wire the intercom mic to be an output to talk on the cell phone but after running lots of test I believe it is possible to accomplish my goal with the CB system but that would involve disabling the CB and I am trying to keep all the factory Honda features of the sound system.

1) I'm looking for a detailed wiring schematic for the complete audio system and guidance or advice.

2) If I was to purchase your device what will I get from it that I don't already have??

Thanks
Larry

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: GPS Audio Input Device Question

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 pm

BM1LEwinger wrote:I have a 86 GL1200A and on a different Forum I posted a question about adding a port like what your GPS audio input device will do for your newer wings. In response to my question I was directed to here.

I have added a second mute / tuner switch for the passenger to control, I have taken an intercom input and have my cell phone conected to it, (this input is very loud, when I turn down the mic volume I can't hear my wife talk to me on the intercom)

I am trying to move the audio input off of the mic so I can wire the intercom mic to be an output to talk on the cell phone but after running lots of test I believe it is possible to accomplish my goal with the CB system but that would involve disabling the CB and I am trying to keep all the factory Honda features of the sound system.

1) I'm looking for a detailed wiring schematic for the complete audio system and guidance or advice.

2) If I was to purchase your device what will I get from it that I don't already have??

I did something very similar to what you've done, on my 1100 - wiring the cell phone into the intercom. You might need to attenuate your cell phone input to it.

It sounds like you are already fairly close to the functionality of the GPS input device. If you click on "Manuals" above, you'll find a schematic for the GL1200 CB, that should help you along toward your goal.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”