Cruise Control Challenges

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Professor
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A

Cruise Control Challenges

Postby Professor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Did the 85 GL1200A come with cruise control?

Can anyone direct me to a good source of information on hooking up a Honda Cruise Control to the 85 1200A Carburated bike?

CharlaineC
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200A GOLDWING ASPENCADE
106,890 Miles

Re: Cruise Control Challenges

Postby CharlaineC » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 pm

what seams to be the issue?

you'll want to check all the switches with an ohm meter testing for proper function there are two on the left and side and a combo on the right

the right hand side should read closed on with lever in as that is your breaklights and the larger set should be open.
i'd have to check but i believe the left should read open with lever pressed that's the one under the leaver
while the one at the cluck master would read open with the leaver in its normal position.
the next switch is at the rear of the bike with the breaklight switch there it should read open when break is pressed and closed when not.

if they all check out

open the throttle cable control its the brass elbow under the false take in the upper left hand side. make sure you have a cable going from the actuater to the upper cable catch.

if they are all set. take a vacuum pump and check the vacuum lines for air leaks and replace any that leak.
lastly check the connection to the cruse computer making sure it hasn't come lose

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”