1986 honda goldwing se-i speedometer problems

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
jrzmotorcycle
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing Se-i

1986 honda goldwing se-i speedometer problems

Postby jrzmotorcycle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Everyone!!! I have a 1986 Honda Goldwing Se-i, 40,000 miles, in mint shape. I got it out of storage this past weekend, and everything works on it , except the speed on the digital readout for the speed is litrally all over the place, or stays at zero. Can anyone give me any ideas, on what the problem might be? There is a speed sensor on this bike, I understand, on the left side of the front wheel. How do you test it, if it is still good or not? How do you get it off? Could it be the head in the dashboard unit itself? I certainly hope not, Do you realize how hard it would be to find a dash readout for this bike.?... Much less the expensive part!! lol. Thanks for All you guys help. It is greatly apprieciated!! JRZ MOTORCYLE.

rfoley
Motorcycle: 2002 Gold Wing

Re: 1986 honda goldwing se-i speedometer problems

Postby rfoley » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:56 pm

The senor set on the left fort I think it is held on with Allen bolts. take them out U should c a slotted shaft raise the front wheel and U should c movement when u spin the wheel. ck the ele. senor u unplugs it under the fairing take on the 2 wires w/ a meter them take a small screw driver and turn the senor the meter should pulse
Roger Foley
Louisville Ky. 40214

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”