Wolo Bad Boy air horn all in 1 unit

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
highmilage
Motorcycle: motorcycle 1985 Honda Goldwing GL1200 Aspencade

Wolo Bad Boy air horn all in 1 unit

Postby highmilage » Tue May 21, 2013 1:46 pm

I was wandering if anyone else has tried to install the Wolo Bad Boy air horn (horns attached to the compressor),on a bike similar to my 1985 Goldwing GL1200? I have returned the product as I couldn't find a suitable location,or in other words with the horns attatched to the compressor I ran into some severe clearance issue's! I'm still looking to install an air horn on my Goldwing so if anyone has suggestions as to style or brand it would be much appreciated. I would prefer that they be as invisible as possible. I recently acquired this wonderfull motorcycle and upon the first ride with the wife we came very close to getting ran into,someone changing lanes without signaling and using the factory horn didn't get there attention. I know this just happens and we all have to drive expecting other drivers not to see us but from now on I'd certainly like them to hear my presense!!! I've been riding for a long time but the area we now live in is to say the least a little risky,however when weather allows riding in Washingon state allows for some of the best scenery i've seen!

NKYWinger
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade
2003 GL1800

Re: Wolo Bad Boy air horn all in 1 unit

Postby NKYWinger » Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 am

That is the horn I installed on my bike. I first made a bracket and mounted it near the stock horns location, but, due to it's larger size, it would hit the front fender.
I have since moved it to a bracket I made for the running lights. You should be able to fab a bracket and mount it in any number of locations, it's an inexpensive and loud horn --- don't give up!
--John--

FTCS(SS) USN Ret.
'83 GL1100 Aspy (SOLD)
'03 GL1800
'08 Lees-ure Lite
GWRRA 339547 KY - 'G'
DS# 1547

1Oldman
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate

Postby 1Oldman » Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 am

I have a 84 and mounted the all in one model by removing left side horn and bending the bracket. I drilled hole n couling panel by the carb and added a washer on both sides to reinforce. It has worked well for six mouth so far and if remove it will show. Sounds good!!!

highmilage
Motorcycle: motorcycle 1985 Honda Goldwing GL1200 Aspencade

Postby highmilage » Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm

I've followed the advice given and am very happy with results. Thanks very much for the advice.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”