Anyone local in OC want to help me...

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
PaulSR
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda GoldWing Interstate

Anyone local in OC want to help me...

Postby PaulSR » Fri May 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Sync the carbs on my 1986 GL1200???

Currently out of work and can't afford to buy the tool or pay someone to do it for me, and I like to do things for myself.

Looking for someone local that has the carb sync tools to help me get this done.

Thank you!
Paul

P.S. I can sweeten the deal with some photography services... I am a pro photographer.

Bray20
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Ltd.

Re: Anyone local in OC want to help me...

Postby Bray20 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Go to youtube. There is instructions on how to make a carb sync tool. I made one for my limited and spent less than ten dollars. The most expensive part was the fittings that you need to connect to the carbs. There are numerous ways to build this tool, just pick the one that best suits your need. I hope this helps.

PaulSR
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda GoldWing Interstate

Postby PaulSR » Wed May 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks Bray.

I have seen the home made ones and I will probably end up making one. Most likely will be doing that next week as I am headed up to Yosemite this weekend. Caging it with 2 others.

Thanks,
Paul

Coolride
Motorcycle: 1984 1200 aspencade

Postby Coolride » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:11 pm

I synced mine with one gauge. I put 3 pieces of aquarium hose on a T fitting, one to the gauge, and the other two connect to only the two left cylinders. I started it up, and did the rear static one first by squeezing off the front line like a garden hose ,and the rear had about 10inches of vacuum . Then I squeezed off the rear line, reading the front, and adjusted that to match 10 inches like the rear. Then I connected them to the right side, squeezed off the rear line , then squeezed the front line, and equalized those two cylinders. Then put one line on the left rear, and right side rear, and matched those to 10 inches, so all 4 now read 10 inches. Sound complicated, but it wasn't.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”