Help broke down in TN!! 1986 sei bad pulse gen

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
1unpilot
Motorcycle: 1986 SEI

Help broke down in TN!! 1986 sei bad pulse gen

Postby 1unpilot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Help! The title says it all. I am broke down in Byrdstown TN. My buddys and I camp at Dale Hollow every year and I ride my 1986 SEI here. Well this year it was running on 2 cylinders the last 30/40 miles. I think it is a pulse generator. The front 2 cylinders are not fireing. I can take the plug wires off and also the wire connetors to the coils for those and it runs the same. So I am thinking it is a bad set of pulse generators. It has had a bad low idle problem for a while but once RPM's were up over 2000 it ran strong. About 30 miles from were I am it started to run on two cylinders and stayed that way except for once. I stopped for gas and when I started out again it ran great....for about 3 minutes than lost power and ran on two cylinders again. I thought maybe heat related but after sitting all night it starts right up...but only runs on two cylinders.

Am I on the right track? And is there a Honda car part that is the same as the cycle version? I ask because I am looking at a 500 mile trailer home issue if I cant get this fixed before Sunday

Thanks!

SARoss
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200

Re: Help broke down in TN!! 1986 sei bad pulse gen

Postby SARoss » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Wow... looks like you are out in the middle of no where... The only service locations I know of are in the Knoxville area. DId you get it running?

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”