SEI sound system and intercom

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
plumbermullins
Motorcycle: 82 standard w/vetter & kg bags
77gl1000 standard

SEI sound system and intercom

Postby plumbermullins » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 am

First Thank You all for helping me finally get this sei running well. Corning light relay, engine cutting out, head gasket and timing belts all working well and the bike is a pleasure to ride. That being said I move on to creature comforts, How the heck does the intercom work I can't find any info in the owners manual, I have original. The radio is a rm1200 that other than the display works well the cb changes from receive to tx when buttons are activated.if I turn the intercom knob to far all I get is feedback thru the speakers of headphones. where oh where is the operations of this system found??

Philroy
Motorcycle: 1985 Goldwing LTD

Re: SEI sound system and intercom

Postby Philroy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 pm

The third knob operates the intercom system. Push it in and you should see H.S. in the display for "headset". Push it again and you should not and the radio should be broadcasting through the speakers.
This knob also adjusts the volume and turns the function on. Turning couter-clockwise all the way shuts it off. Turning clockwise increases the volume to the headset.
In the picture, my headset is turned on and the volume is set at where my wife and I like it for our helmets.
If you are only getting feedback, then there is a bad electrical connection somewhere. It may be the radio, or it may be the connections in the left side of the fairing.
Good luck!
Philroy
Attachments

Wayne
Motorcycle: 2000 Valkyrie Tourer
2008 GL1800 Level 3 White
2015 GL1800 Level 3 Red/Black Anniversary

Re: SEI sound system and intercom

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Usually when there is feedback, squeal, in the headset it is the passenger extension cord causing the problem. There is a connection under the false tank that normally can be found by opening the fuel fill cover. You can unplug it there and plug the headset in at that point for testing and see if it still has a problem. If it clears then you just need a new 4' extension.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”