A favor please???

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
rosey1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200L Goldwing

A favor please???

Postby rosey1 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:17 pm

I recently purchased a new dash because I thought I may have fried the other one due to stupidity on my part, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the dash won't work if the radio isn't connected? I guess what I'm asking someone to do is to pull the radio and start the bike to see if digital portion of dash doesn't work unless radio is installed? If it does then could you see if disconnecting trip meter to see if the digital dash doesn't work. I'm trying to find the source of my problem through the process of elimination because tracing the schematic doesn't tell me anything and I'm hoping someone with and 85 LTD could do this for me. I sure would appreciate it or if you know of some ever elusive coupler or relay that powers the digital portion of the dash ie; the tach speedo temp and fuel. Please help as the weather is getting better and the bike isn't. Thx Rex

Right Winger
Motorcycle: 85 ltd
84aspy

Re: A favor please???

Postby Right Winger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:11 am

Ok I will try to help you ! My dash works when the radio is not connected . My dash works when my trip computer isn't connected. What you need is the GL 1200 Limited Supplement Manual it has a troubleshooter/pinpoint test for the instrument cluster. From what I can tell is the trip computer feeds off the I.C. I think you can down load one somewhere here. I'll check for you

rosey1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200L Goldwing

Re: A favor please???

Postby rosey1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:33 pm

tHX awlkrsn... By the way mine looks just like your pic on the right :D I just hope I can get it back to working.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”