Yellow Wire Job Done

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
1stwing
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Aspencade

Yellow Wire Job Done

Postby 1stwing » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:30 pm

THANK YOU!! To - HAWKEYEGL1200, OLDISHWINGER, SILVER DAVE and DINGDONG.
I completed the removal of the white connector between the Stator and the R/R.
All joints are solid and triple shrink wrapped.
Took the bike for about a 3 mile ride and came home.
While idling at 1120, a voltmeter on the battery reads 14.1 Volts.
Shut down the bike and voltmeter reads 13.2 Volts.
It would appear I have not lost anything or messed anything up.
Thanks, again, to all for your unselfish assistance and taking the time to help me learn.
Vince.

HawkeyeGL1200
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Re: Yellow Wire Job Done

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Good job. From what I gathered, you already had the skill set to get the work done. You just needed a little knowledge and confidence.

Happy trails!

Hawk
1stwing wrote:THANK YOU!! To - HAWKEYEGL1200, OLDISHWINGER, SILVER DAVE and DINGDONG.
I completed the removal of the white connector between the Stator and the R/R.
All joints are solid and triple shrink wrapped.
Took the bike for about a 3 mile ride and came home.
While idling at 1120, a voltmeter on the battery reads 14.1 Volts.
Shut down the bike and voltmeter reads 13.2 Volts.
It would appear I have not lost anything or messed anything up.
Thanks, again, to all for your unselfish assistance and taking the time to help me learn.
Vince.
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

1stwing

Postby 1stwing » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Hawk - I see in you're profile that you are in Courtland. I know the area from my years in Newport News. Hope good riding weather gets to you soon. Spring has hit here and I think tomorrow will be a good day to take a ride to the beach. Happy riding and thanks again. Vince.

HawkeyeGL1200
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:23 pm

I ride every day unless there is snow or ice on the road. I've been accused of being crazy, but I can't say if it is an accurate assessment or if most of my friends are just scared to be a little cold when they ride :-)

It was in the mid-seventies today... maybe mid 40's tomorrow... so, I'll have to put riding pants on in the morning ... I guess if it is raining cats-n-dogs I'll consider the 4-wheeler, but most days I ride when I'm able. Life is too short to watch from the bleachers.

1stwing wrote:Hawk - I see in you're profile that you are in Courtland. I know the area from my years in Newport News. Hope good riding weather gets to you soon. Spring has hit here and I think tomorrow will be a good day to take a ride to the beach. Happy riding and thanks again. Vince.
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

1stwing

Postby 1stwing » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 pm

No doubt about that. I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and we don't let cold get in the way. Coldest ride this year was 125 miles to North Myrtle Beach at 29 F. I figure you're either a rider or you just own a bike. Take care. Vince.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”