Lighter and clock not working

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
manofallseasons
Motorcycle: 1987 Aspencade

Lighter and clock not working

Postby manofallseasons » Fri May 01, 2015 9:28 am

My cigarette lighter did not work on my cycle (1987 1200) so I went on ebay and ordered a new one. I was really proud of myself replacing the old one (though it took me an hour and a half to get my hand behind it to thread the nut!). The new one doesn't work either.

The clock has never worked also and now I am wondering if these run on the same fuse that might be out. I don't know anything about working on engines or electrical things but am not afraid to learn how if someone can explain in terms I can understand. I'd appreciate any ideas on a solution. I do have a replacement clock in case it is just broken but haven't figured out how to get it in. I need a mentor! :) Dean

Get out and enjoy nature!

oldishwinger
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade

Re: Lighter and clock not working

Postby oldishwinger » Fri May 01, 2015 6:58 pm

The clock has a fuse worth checking, it is under the left hand pocket. (as you sit on the bike) the cigarette lighter, is not standard and would have been installed by perhaps a PO. it sounds like the power is not reaching it, and it depends how it was wired to find the fault.

there are two aux screws, at the top of the fuse box, situated under false tank, and it may have been wired to these, check the fuse for these AUX screws which is at the top of the fuse box.

manofallseasons
Motorcycle: 1987 Aspencade

Re: Lighter and clock not working

Postby manofallseasons » Fri May 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Okay, thanks! I'll check that out! :D
Get out and enjoy nature!

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”