Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 5:21 pm
- Location: Copperas Cove, TX.
- Motorcycle: 1985 Honda GL1200 Special Edition, 1992 Honda GL1500 Trike, 1995 Honda GL1500, 1997 Honda GL1500,2001 Yamaha V-Star 1100.
I have a 1985 LTD and it runs great, but there is a noise in the right ft. of the engine. At first I thought it was the air pump but I think that it is a timing belt idler that is wearing out. The bike has 66,000 miles + on it. Any thoughts on this and how to check it without tearing the bike apart now ?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17387
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
You will have to get that timing cover off. Best thing to do once you have it off is use a mechanic's stethoscope to listen to the idler itself. If the bearings are going in it, it will be readily apparent once you listen to it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media [Bot] and 2 guests