Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:18 pm
- Location: BC,Canada
- Motorcycle: 1985 Honda Goldwing GL1200 Aspencade
Just put my bike away for the Winter-did most of the steps called for in the "how to" section on this forum. One thing I'm a bit worried about- put Seafoam and marine stabil in tank and then put petcock in "off" position and ran bike until it died. Is this ok or does one have to leave some gas in the carbs ?
- Posts: 897
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
- Location: Indianapolis, In.
- Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan
I use seafoam and I run the bike long enough to make sure the mix is completely through the system. I did not drain when I had bikes with carbs.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17046
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
That's fine, it will have emptied the float chambers. This gas will evaporate over the winter anyway, leaving behind a slight deposit, so you're actually a bit ahead by emptying them this way.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests