CB/Comm system repair

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
hansjschmitz
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade

CB/Comm system repair

Postby hansjschmitz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Hello All,

So I just bought an '86 Aspencade. This is my first bike (that i've owned not ridden) and i plan on trying to do a lot of the work myself so i was glad to find this forum. Luckily, there isn't much wrong with it. I bought from teh original owner and there are 88K miles on it. It is certainly road ready and runs great (as far as i can tell so far). The only issues that i have for the moment is that the stock stereo had been stolen and the guy replaced it with a nice Alpine unit that has CD/Mp3 capability, however, the CB/Comm unit (located on the lower left side of this bike) no longer works because of this. The attena's and the unit are still in tact just no juice. Does anyone know if i run power to it will it work again? Or, did it HAVE to be run through the stereo in order to work? Any input would be appreciated.

tricky

Re: CB/Comm system repair

Postby tricky » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 am

The radio/intercom/CB is an integrated unit.
You would need the original radio to have the CB working.
That being said, nothing is impossible if your an electrical engineer.... if not go to step 1 :)

hansjschmitz
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade

Postby hansjschmitz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:10 am

Well, i run the tech support department at a software company, but we make software for schools....SO, it looks like it's back to step one. No problems though, i saw a nice system on wingstuff.com that looks like a good one that would allow me to have a comm system and hook my iPhone into it for music, i think it can be a CB too, i'll have to shop it out.

r.swanson
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A
Aspencade

Postby r.swanson » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:08 pm

if you want to sell cb let me know i have a face plate for the mounting hole . my cb will not talk recive is good
looking for a good one

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”