Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:53 am
- Location: Headland,Alabama
- Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
This may be a question some might have asked before,I noticed the choke cable was broken at the handlebar lever,could this be partially causing the carbs to run rough as well as them needing to be cleaned,I have new choke and throttle cables on order,oh by the way does anyone know a source for the exhaust tips,mine are rusty,just asking,thanks,Gary.
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:25 am
- Location: Grants Pass, Oregon
- Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Aspencade, 2003 K1200GT BMW, 1969 R69S BMW,92 R100 RT BMW
Sold : 84 V65 Magna, 82 Moto Guzzi, XS 1100 Yamaha,84 Wing Int., 80 650 Special, Only new bike 82 XV750 Virago (Guam),Honda 250,84 R100RT BMW,87 K100 LT BMW,93 K1100 LT BMW, 91 535 Virago, Honda 50
Sure, it could run rough until warmed up without the choke ( enrichener). The choke is spring loaded closed, but is possible to hang up with broken cable. Exhaust tips, use some auto. Try O'reilly, Napa,Kragen.....or.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 1 guest