Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:55 pm
- Location: Merced California
- Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100s
Am attempting to put a 1981 ignition switch in a 1986. Problem is the 81 switch is a 6 wire and the 86 is a 7 wire the seventh is a dedicated fan wire where should I connect the fan wire to?
- Posts: 277
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:30 am
- Location: puyallup,wa.
- Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200a aspencade . Honda xl600r, '68 z50, '82z50, '80cx500c, '00 klr250
Well if you find it necessary to do something like that, I would forget the 7th wire, cap it and run a jumper on the power in side of the fuse box from a switched hot to the fan fuse.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest