Foot pedal master cylinder pressure control valve

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Cyborg
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade

Foot pedal master cylinder pressure control valve

Postby Cyborg » Sat May 21, 2016 8:08 pm

I've recently picked up an 86 GL1200 Aspencade.

Rear bolt in the MC was siezed in place, had to heat the back end of the MC to get the bolt out.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever disassembled the built in pressure control valve out of curiousity, and if so, is there any rubber in there I should be worried about being damaged by the heat?

Thanks guys!

ridgewing
Motorcycle: 1990 gl1500

Re: Foot pedal master cylinder pressure control valve

Postby ridgewing » Thu May 26, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm a new owner (less than a week) of a gl1200 Aspencade that has a low rear brake pedal. Not sure which valve you are referring to
but think it may be my problem. Do you have a pic of the valve, or a link to it?
Thanks all for the great info.

geraldm
Motorcycle: 86 gl1200 Aspencade

Postby geraldm » Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 pm

You must be referring to a residual valve ,, I don't believe there are any servicable parts inside , so long as things didn't get to hot things should be ok now the rubbers on the piston might be a different story ,, MC kits aren't that much couldn't hurt to do that or is that what it's all about . The system seems to be a tad finicky for bleeding you may need to adjust the rod for a bit more push on the MC piston . After many times of bleeding mine I found a little adjustment on the rod did help . remember the foot brake operates both rear and front right disc so you may need to bleed them both . the front left disc works off the hand brake only . have a good one .

Cyborg
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade

Postby Cyborg » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Late reply, but I rebuilt the MC, bled it, and all seems fine over the last thousand km or so!

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”