Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 am
- Location: Hitchcock, Tx
- Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD
1982 GL1100 STD
1976 GL1000 "800lb Canary"
The rect/reg unit is supposed to get hot, hence the cooling fins on it. On the brushless alternators that all 4 cyl. Wings come with, the excess voltage is sent back into the ground. The ground in our case is the bikes frame.
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 9:52 am
- Location: Montreal Quebec Canada
- Motorcycle: GL1500SE 2000
Maybe its your battery not taking up any charge anymore , it also could be your stator just charging on 2 phases instead of 3 , could be your rectifier , could be few things .......