Drag Specialties lighting

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
rumont

Drag Specialties lighting

Postby rumont » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 pm

I have a GL 1200A and I recently did a carb job and some wiring issues already posted. The stator is fine and I got that all lined up but now I am blowing the accessory fuse which is a 20amp. I have a positive and negative terminal on the fuse block at the top. I have not moved the wires positioned in the fuse box but the the 3 toggle switches with 3 wires a piece have been moved also the cig lighter also. The fuel pump is an aftermarket 12v auto pump which is wired to the fuse box also. Everthing was fine til I turned the lights on a blewy the fuse goes. Is there a way I can trace these wires and which place does the ground go on a three prong toggle switch. I guessed it was the middle but it seems it wasn't right. I am new to wiring as you can tell. It is a good project to work on but I am limited on time with having to have two jobs because of a paycut. Thanks in advance.

tricky

Re: Drag Specialties lighting

Postby tricky » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:14 am

Usually on a 3 spade switch the center is the switch LED.
In a simple switch one side would take + the other would send the current to the option or control a relay that did the same.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”