Heading to TOAD ROCK in Southern B.C. on the 7th.

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
geraldm
Motorcycle: 86 gl1200 Aspencade

Heading to TOAD ROCK in Southern B.C. on the 7th.

Postby geraldm » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:22 pm

This will be the first run for the old wing over 1500 miles ,. went over all the basics , checked a hundred things . changed valve cover gaskets and grommets using the cheat method , oil is a couple spoon fulls over full , did find a loose fuel line clamp at shut off valve (( now I know where the little wiff of gas was coming from every now and then )) coolant full to upper level of 50-50 mix . windshield buffed polished like new with some kinda stuff from my auto body buddy ,, think its for polishing the lacquer coat on cars . He's running well with no oil consumption ,..
Should be a nice easy run . been in that area before but never right there . heard from a few different people that its a good place to relax kick back and not worry about rules because there is only one ,, the common sense one,,. maybe slip down into Washington and Idaho if we feel like it .. we dont really have any plans except to use Toad Rock as our base camp . see how it goes ..

Rednaxs60
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD, 2008 GL1800

Re: Heading to TOAD ROCK in Southern B.C. on the 7th.

Postby Rednaxs60 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Drove by Toad Rock in June after staying in Kaslo for the evening. Great roads and in good condition. Glad to hear you got the bike operating well. Enjoy your trip.

Cheers
"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Postby Dusty Boots » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:03 am

Make sure you ride up and soak in the Ainsworth Hot Springs, just north of Mary's!

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:24 pm

This area is in my "backyard", I live in Castlegar, if you have questions or any issues get in touch with me. I sent you my phone number in a PM. I can suggest the best roads in the area to ride, can provide emergency repairs or pick you and the bike up in the event of breakdown or emergency. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

geraldm

Postby geraldm » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Thanks RoadRogue got your number in my phone , good of you to step up :mrgreen:

Rusty Bike
Motorcycle: 86 GL1200 SEi, 78 Yamaha XS750SE, 86 Honda XL125, 4.5 HP belt drive Minibike my dad built, foot clutch!

Postby Rusty Bike » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:45 am

Now there's a fine fellow!

geraldm

Postby geraldm » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Two days of nice smooth riding. Stayed at medicine hat Sunday night. Went through Crows nest this afternoon and over to Cranbrook. Last little run in the morning to toad rock. Goldie is running like a new one. No complaints and not a drop from the valve cover gaskets. RoadRogue maybe in the next day or two if your not busy we could meet up and go for an afternoon ride and show us some country. Or just visit we have no schedule. Buddy is doing kimo treatments so he's a tad weak probably rest him up for a day and then reach out a bit. I will text you in a day or two if your interested. There doing some highway work going through the pass pretty long waiting but the rest of the road from here to home is good. Later have a good one.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”