Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:31 pm
- Location: Philadelphia, MS
- Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade
Has anyone replaced the choke cable on their 1986 Aspencade. DO you have to remove fuel tank and/or drop engine?? I can't figure a way to the carb end of the cable. Instructions PLEASE!! I have a Hayne's 84-87 Goldwing workshop manual but pics and instructions do not match my Aspencade!
- Posts: 543
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:25 am
- Location: Grants Pass, Oregon
- Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Aspencade, 2003 K1200GT BMW, 1969 R69S BMW
Sold : 84 V65 Magna, 82 Moto Guzzi, XS 1100 Yamaha,84 Wing Int., 80 650 Special, Only new bike 82 XV750 Virago (Guam),Honda 250,84 R100RT BMW,87 K100 LT BMW,93 K1100 LT BMW, 91 535 Virago, Honda 50
I have never replaced one. But looks like the false tank and seat need to come off, air cleaner box off. May have to move the carburetor assy.out to the left side to reach the cable connection? Book should tell all that right? Sure someone else here has done one.
- Posts: 277
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:30 am
- Location: puyallup,wa.
- Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200a aspencade . Honda xl600r, '68 z50, '82z50, '80cx500c, '00 klr250
there is a clamp on the air box you will not get to unless you remove the carb assy, at least slide it out until you can get to the screw, carbs really come out pretty easy, even if you have never done it 30 minute job, just watch "O"rings on intakes going back in. Not a very good picture, just one I found on net and I cropped, this is what you are trying to get to.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest