A very small thing and a little sorry

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
KODLTD
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD

A very small thing and a little sorry

Postby KODLTD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi All, A few months back I had problems with the LTD not charging. I found out that it was the stator :x I found a mechanic here in Denmark who knows these backs so I decided to let him fix it and at the same time check the compressor and cruise control. When I bought the bike it had been standing still for several years so things just tend to seize up. Anyway I was all excited about picking it up.....until I actually started it up....the engine ran very poorly and the exhaust fumes were consuming......anyway I drove off thinking that it maybe just needed to be warmed up and riden. I drove for 2½ hours straight and it didn't get any better. I drove it agina a few days after and the engine was not running well....I took the a few things off to check for bad connection and actually found that one of the vacuum hoses under the sensor was pushed all the way down. IT was very easy to push down on the nozzle which meant that it wasn't completely air-tight. After doing this it runs like a dream and after buying it almost a year ago I finally get to really enjoy it. Amazing how such a little thing can influence the riding so much.

A very little question. My horn button broke off (horn otherwise working fine). I can't find another one so I glued it together and I'm trying to put it back on back it's tricking. Is there a smart way of doing this or do I have to take the switch holder (incl. for indicators) apart and put it on the switch before putting it back together?

Thks for a great forum !!!

deanbw
Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200a aspencade . Honda xl600r, '68 z50, '82z50, '80cx500c, '00 klr250

Re: A very small thing and a little sorry

Postby deanbw » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:12 pm

yes, you have to pull the assy off then repair and install, been there.......
Enjoy the ride

KODLTD
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD

Re: A very small thing and a little sorry

Postby KODLTD » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:25 am

Hi Deanbw, thks for reply.....

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”