Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:49 pm
- Location: Yates Center ks
- Motorcycle: 1986 go 1200 interstate
When i try to start bike, the headlights go out and can hear clicking noise comes from under fairing but starter doesn't engage. Could it be bad switch or starter?
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:23 am
- Location: Independence, MO
- Motorcycle: 1981 Honda Goldwing Interstate GL1100I
1985 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition gl1200
It could be that the starter needs to be rebuilt and cleaned up. Rebuilding the starter is the first thing I would do mainly because it's time to do anyways. I had the problem of when the bike was warm it would have trouble starting. I rebuilt the starter and man what a world of difference. I couldn't believe how dirty and filthy the inside of the starter was. I followed the how to on the site and it was a fairly easy process.
Thanks to all who answer and help. It is greatly appreciated!