New owner questions and intro

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
S Chase
Motorcycle: 87 Aspencade

New owner questions and intro

Postby S Chase » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Hello all- Thanks for a great forum FULL of good info-

I just bought my first wing....an 87 Aspencade, California version. I just did the carb rebuild and fixed my idle problem, but I have a few questions for the techies in here-

1. What is the purpose/function of the microswitch on the throttle linkage at the carbs? When I roll the throttle clockwise (shut), I can hear the switch working and it seems like it should make or break at NO throttle, not like it is. Or am I crazy?

2. The bike makes a "whine" "moan" at various times when it just sitting there. The previous owner said he thought is was an air shock in the back leaking or such, and thats kinda what it sounds like.... it is random and mysterious and soumds like it is coming from the gas tank area or further back. It is NOT loud enough to hear when the engine is on. Any ideas?

I have been a mechanic all my life Industrial and automotive....and a British bike fanatic. Im looking forward to owning a bike that will get me where I want to go....lol....Thanks for what ever advice you can share... Steve

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”