1986 1200 Interstate

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
ironman1973
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 interstate

1986 1200 Interstate

Postby ironman1973 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Last spring I pulled my motor to replace the defective stator, replacing timing belts in the process. I have put 10000 miles on the bike since,now with 57000 miles on it. I had some miscues in replacing everything and have time to attack it again. The first problem is the neutral light won't come on when in neutral but overdrive light is on in every tranmission choice. I did cut too wires and soldererd them bak together--could I have got confused and put wrong ones together? Then my temperature guage won't register at all. I have a oil leak in the vicinity of the stator or slave clutch area, dripping while motor is running, apparenty some seal must be pinched. I also get a clunck when shifting from neutral to first, not so obvious through other gears, I tried to adjust, no luck. Should I relpace clutch at this point if pulling motor. The bike runs fine but I really need to take careof these problems, none of which occured befor I rerplaced the stator. Any ideas what to look for to remedy the problems and put it together correctly this time? Thank you, ironman1973

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”