Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:01 pm
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Motorcycle: 1987 1200 Interstate
The switch is located in the front engine/transmission cover. Is the replacement procedure essentially like replacing a water pump without actually replacing the pump itself ( I know the gaskets will need to be replaced)?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17175
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
That's correct. Have a look at How to remove and replace your water pump - that's the 1100, but it's essentially the same, and that will give you a good idea of what you will be looking at.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:17 am
- Location: Hansville, WA
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100Standard, 1982 Aspencade (parts bike), 1987 Interstate base, 2013 F6B Deluxe, 1982 Hobbit PA50
I know this is an old post I am replying to but, have you checked the bulb in the instrument cluster? My experience says always check the simplest things first... Maybe corroded contacts in the bulb socket?
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:23 am
- Location: United States
- Motorcycle: GL1200, 1986
WingAdmin wrote:That's correct. Have a look at How to remove and replace your water pump - that's the 1100, but it's essentially the same, and that will give you a good idea of what you will be looking at.
I agree, the procedure is the same on the 1200.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: wilmo and 1 guest