Page 1 of 1

stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:02 pm
by chicoboy44
can I buy this harness new? Thanks, Johnny Walker.

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 pm
by HALBUDD
chicoboy44 Most agree that the oem plug is a bad spot for your stater,cant handle the heet or the current. Best fix is to cut it out and solider it up plus heat shrink,helps save your stater Good Luck Hal

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:12 pm
by wmerryall
Would also recommend checking the connector on top of the starter relay. This can go bad as well.

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 pm
by wmerryall
Replacing the harness only results in the possibility of the same condition happening again. Strongly recommend following the advice of cutting out the 3 pin connector, solder the wires and heat shrink.

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:16 pm
by chicoboy44
HALBUDD wrote:chicoboy44 Most agree that the oem plug is a bad spot for your stater,cant handle the heet or the current. Best fix is to cut it out and solider it up plus heat shrink,helps save your stater Good Luck Hal
Thanks HALBUDD this helps a great deal.

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:19 pm
by chicoboy44
wmerryall wrote:Replacing the harness only results in the possibility of the same condition happening again. Strongly recommend following the advice of cutting out the 3 pin connector, solder the wires and heat shrink.
Thank you for your quick reply, I'll try it. JW

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:22 pm
by chicoboy44
wmerryall wrote:Would also recommend checking the connector on top of the starter relay. This can go bad as well.
Thanks for the advice its really helps. JW

Re: stator 3 wire harness

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm
by steve allen
wmerryall wrote:Replacing the harness only results in the possibility of the same condition happening again. Strongly recommend following the advice of cutting out the 3 pin connector, solder the wires and heat shrink.
this is one of only a few things Honda did not consider for long-life maintance.